Mediplacements are currently recruiting for a Mental Health Pharmacist for a Locum role based in Peterborough.
*Pay Rate £28-35
* Participation in multidisciplinary team meetings or case conferences to identify medication problems and provide advice
* Performing clinical accuracy checking in the dispensary when required;
* Conducting medication education sessions for service users and carers, either on a one-to-one or group basis;
* Reviewing medication charts on wards to ensure their accuracy and appropriateness;
* Interpreting medicines information to provide advice for individual service user circumstances;
* Giving prescribing advice to medical staff and non-medical prescribers especially when complex problems arise with medication combinations and doses;
* Advising on medicines risk management issues such as the reduction of medication incidents, and ensuring compliance with medicines legislation;
* Giving medicines management advice to medical, nursing and other staff, and medicines information to all members of staff; 9.
Liaising with GPs and community pharmacists, and involvement in discharge planning to ensure community medication needs of service users are fulfilled.
* Supporting the clinical pharmacy service clinical input to community health services including hospital settings where necessary.
* Undertaking teaching sessions on medication and related medication management issues for other professionals and members of the pharmacy department.
* Supporting the provision of an equal standard of pharmacy service across the Trust by pro-actively developing and implementing protocols and guidelines, in collaboration with other professionals, for the safe, effective and economic use of medicines; providing supporting documents (e.g. pharmacy formulary reviews) for the Medicines Management Group when requested.
For more information, or to apply for this locum position please contact the pharmacy team on 0207 613 6789 or email email@example.com
Working with Mediplacements you will receive unbeatable locum benefits, which include;
*A dedicated one to one service
*Fast track registration process
*Excellent rates of pay
*Assistance with travel and accommodation
*Weekly pay - on time, every time
*Access to exclusive NHS and Private sector jobs
*No Registration Fee!
*Free online training available
Not available for this position Why not recommend a friend or colleague and earn a £250 referral