Mediplacements are currently recruiting for a Locum Primary Care Pharmacist for a job in Bedfordshire.
*£34 - 40 p/hour although may be some flexibility
The post holder will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a patient-facing role. The post holder will take responsibility for areas of chronic disease management within the practice and undertake clinical medication reviews to proactively manage patients with complex poly-pharmacy, especially for older people, people in residential care homes and those with multiple co-morbidities.
* The post holder will provide primary support to general practice staff with regards to prescription and medication queries. They will help support the repeat prescriptions system, deal with acute prescription requests, and medicines reconciliation on transfer of care and systems for safer prescribing, providing expertise in clinical medicines advice while addressing both public and social care needs of patient in the GP practice (s) and also support the developing GPSU function
* The post holder will be responsible for clinical leadership of medicines optimisation, plan and organise quality improvement initiatives, appropriate specialist services and manage some aspects of the quality and outcomes framework and enhanced services.
* The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that the practice integrates with community and hospital pharmacy to help utilise skill mix, improve patient outcomes, ensure better access to healthcare and help manage workload.
* The post holder will line manage and provide supervision to our prescription clerks team, other junior pharmacy team members and students
* The role is pivotal to improving the quality of care and operational efficiencies so requires motivation and passion to deliver excellent service within general practice.
* Support practice managers and GP clinical leads in the review of medicines management related complaints, incidents and near misses, including risk assessment, root cause analysis and implementation of related action plans.
* Communicates highly complex drug or medicine related information to prescribers, clinicians, patients, relatives: patients may have language difficulties, physical or mental disabilities, and other professionals may challenge advice.
As an Independent Prescribing Pharmacist, you will work as part of the medicines management team to enable the delivery of safe, effective, evidence-based medicines usage in the context of patients care pathways.
The role will have a strong patient facing focus, with the successful candidate undertaking the following areas of work:
*Medication reviews to proactively manage patients with complex poly-pharmacy
*Responsibility for areas of chronic disease management, dependent on experience
*Provide support on prescription and medication queries, providing clinical guidance to the pharmacy technicians and prescribing clerks.
*Provide clinical leadership on medicines quality improvement
*Contribute to managing some aspects of the quality and outcomes framework
*Work with pharmacists on the local medicines optimisation framework
*Be required to conduct face to face medication reviews to promote appropriate prescribing, reduce wastage and improve patient concordance with medication.
*Have experience in the use of EMISweb
For more information, or to apply for this locum position please contact the Pharmacy team on 0207 613 6789.
Working with Mediplacements you will receive unbeatable locum benefits, which include;
*A dedicated one to one service
*Fast track registration process
*Excellent rates of pay
*Assistance with travel and accommodation
*Weekly pay - on time, every time
*Access to exclusive NHS and Private sector jobs
*No Registration Fee!
*Free online training available
Not available for this position Why not recommend a friend or colleague and earn a £250 referral bonus on successful placement (terms and qualifying period apply).