Mediplacements are recruiting for a Band 6 Speech & Language Therapist who is looking to work in London.
Speech and Language Therapist
ASAP - Ongoing
* Safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people in 1 secondary School
* Plan, execute and monitor communication therapy programmes for individuals and small groups of pupils with special educational needs at a specialist level, targeted and universal level for students aged 12-16 yrs
* Contribute to learning activities and teaching programmes for pupils with special educational needs.
* Monitor, assess, record and report on the impact of speech and language therapy programmes;
* Liaise with class co-ordinators, teaching assistants, assistants, or volunteers
* The speech and language therapist will be required to ensure pupils safety.
* Promote the inclusion, independence and self esteem of all pupils.
* Establish positive relationships with pupils, acting as a good role model.
* Liaise with other professionals, parents and carers outside the school
* Write EHCP, Assessment & Summary/Update reports
* Contribute towards inset days for other staff, where applicable.
* Follow therapeutic programmes linked to local and national learning strategies, such as literacy.
* Prepare, maintain and use equipment and resources and assist pupils in their learining.
If this sounds like the next job for you, please call Faye & Jamie on 0207 045 3345 or 0207 613 7574
Not available for this position Why not recommend a friend or colleague and earn a £250 referral bonus on successful placement (terms and qualifying period apply).
Additional benefits include:
-A dedicated one to one service
-Fast track registration process
-Excellent rates of pay
-Assistance with travel and accommodation
-Weekly pay - on time, every time
-Access to exclusive NHS and Private sector jobs
-No Registration Fee!
-Free online training available