Mediplacements are currently recruiting for an ACT/Medicines Management Pharmacy Technician who has experience covering Wards, Drug Histories & Medicines Reconciliation for a Locum job in the Nottinghamshire.
Pay Rate £17-20
Band 5 Pharmacy Technician
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 4 Months
* To be responsible for the safe and effective use of medicines in a clinical area.
* To engage with ward staff to ensure that all medicines are stored in line with national and local guidelines.
* To be responsible for the ordering of medicines for the ward, promoting the use of patients own medicines and one stop dispensing for discharge.
* To support the nursing staff with medicines administration to reduce missed doses and errors associated with administration.
* To improve patient experience and involvement through patient counselling and the promotion of self -medication.
* To facilitate discharge ensuring the medicines are available in a timely manner and the patient is able to take them in the manner intended.
You will be required to join a team of ward technicians who assist with patient medicines reconciliation, preparation of prescriptions for discharge, patient counselling and supply of patient medications for use at ward level.
Working within the dispensary you will dispense and accuracy check prescriptions for inpatients and outpatients.
In order to qualify for this position, it is essential that you hold a BTEC/NVQ Level 3 in Pharmacy Services and be ACT accredited.
GPHC UK Registration is essential along with Hospital experience of dispensing medicines and experience of medicines management in a hospital setting is essential.
For more information, or to apply for this locum position please contact our Pharmacy Team on 0207 613 6789.
Working with Mediplacements you will receive unbeatable locum benefits, which include;
*A dedicated one to one service
*Fast track registration process
*Excellent rates of pay
*Assistance with travel and accommodation
*Weekly pay - on time, every time
*Access to exclusive NHS and Private sector jobs
*No Registration Fee!
*Free online training available
Not available for this position Why not recommend a friend or colleague and earn a £250 referral bonus on successful placement (terms and qualifying period apply).