Mediplacements are currently recruiting for a Mental Health Pharmacist for a Locum role based in Essex.
*Pay Rate £27-£29
* To deliver a comprehensive medicines optimisation service to wards and teams and when necessary to provide this service to other wards across Essex.
* To provide dispensary cover/link pharmacy cover and to support the MMT technicians
* To provide pharmaceutical support to the clozapine clinic(s), screening prescriptions and liaising with the MDT as necessary.
* To manage the supply of clozapine to in-patients and out-patient clinic. To offer support and advice to all staff participating in these procedures.
* To work with the Lead Pharmacist to undertake audits to evaluate and improve services alongside trust priorities.
* To work towards quality improvement initiatives in line with the trusts QI vision and with direction from the Pharmacy Services Manager.
* To be involved in effective stock management and cost-effective medicines prescribing and administration across the organisation.
* Ensure safe and appropriate use of medicines in order to maximise benefit and minimise risk to patients. This includes regular review of prescriptions, identification of significant drug interactions, advice for clinical monitoring, compliance with legal aspects (Medicines Act, Mental Health Act) of medicine supply and compliance with the Trust formulary.
* To undertake medicines reconciliation and to support Medicines Management technicians in medicines reconciliation
* To undertake patient 1:1s during the admission.
* To be responsible to the multidisciplinary team caring for outpatients (e.g. as part of the Community Mental Health Teams).
For more information, or to apply for this locum position please contact the pharmacy team on 0207 613 6789 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Working with Mediplacements you will receive unbeatable locum benefits, which include;
*A dedicated one to one service
*Fast track registration process
*Excellent rates of pay
*Assistance with travel and accommodation
*Weekly pay - on time, every time
*Access to exclusive NHS and Private sector jobs
*No Registration Fee!
*Free online training available
Not available for this position Why not recommend a friend or colleague and earn a £250 referral