Mediplacements are recruiting for a Band 7 Speech & Language Therapist to work in a Mainstream Paediatric team in the London area.
Speciality: early years, Autism
Start date: ASAP
Finish date: 9 months
Post is split into 3 days management/service development, and 2 days clinical.
ĚTo provide highly specialist guidance and clinical supervision for less experienced therapists and others involved with the client, e.g. professionals/ carers
ĚTo provide line management and supervision to therapists and assistants.
ĚTo use specialist knowledge to inform service/policy developments and advise the service manager as appropriate.
ĚTo manage a caseload within specialist/preferred clinical area, relevant to the role
ĚTo triage new referrals to the service within expected timeframes
ĚTo undertake quality assurance checks of EHCPs
ĚTo plan, run and attend regular meetings with the school-age team and the wider SLT team. To meet with the other SLT team leads and manager of Children's Therapies on a regular basis.
Candidates must have at least 4 years' experience of working with school-age children, in either mainstream or special schools and units. Experience of management and/or supervising junior staff and leading on service development projects would be ideal for role.
- Working within one or more Pathways:
- Speech, Voice & Dysfluency Pathway
- Language and Hearing Impairment Pathway
- Social Communication Pathway
- Prioritisation, Assessment and Therapy.
- Supporting children's and young people's communication.
- Working with children in groups and individually.
- Working as part of a multi-professional team in partnership with families.
- Training families and professionals.
- Jointly setting and reviewing targets with parents and/or nursery/school staff.
- Measure outcomes.
If this sounds like the next job for you, please call Mediplacements on 0207 613 6789.
Not available for this position Why not recommend a friend or colleague and earn a £250 referral bonus on successful placement (terms and qualifying period apply).
Additional benefits include:
-A dedicated one to one service
-Fast track registration process
-Excellent rates of pay
-Assistance with travel and accommodation
-Weekly pay - on time, every time
-Access to exclusive NHS and Private sector jobs
-No Registration Fee!
-Free online training available