Mediplacements are recruiting for a Band 6 Speech & Language Therapist to work in a Learning Disabilities Team setting in London.
Specialty: complex caseload of adults with learning disabilities who present with communication and/or swallowing difficulties
Start date: ASAP
Finish date: Likely to be 3 months
The post holder will develop and provide a Highly Specialist Speech & Language Therapy service as an autonomous SLT working in the Learning Disability Services.
The post holder will demonstrate efficacy of this service to stakeholders with appropriate liaison and relevant audit.
· To independently manage and prioritise a caseload of clients with swallowing and communication disorders and to be able to seek advice as appropriate.
· To work closely with all members of the multi-disciplinary team using a person-centred approach
· To actively develop the SLT service within the area of Learning Disability.
· To supervise other Speech and Language Therapists within the Learning Disability Team as required
· To deliver training / teaching to carers, support workers, other health professionals and students both internal and external to the Trust.
If this sounds like the next job for you, please call Mediplacements on 0207 613 6789.
Not available for this position Why not recommend a friend or colleague and earn a £250 referral bonus on successful placement (terms and qualifying period apply).
Additional benefits include:
-A dedicated one to one service
-Fast track registration process
-Excellent rates of pay
-Assistance with travel and accommodation
-Weekly pay - on time, every time
-Access to exclusive NHS and Private sector jobs
-No Registration Fee!
-Free online training available