Mediplacements are recruiting for a Speech & Language Therapist.
Working hours are 8:30am-4:30pm with 30 minute lunch break. Shifts are Monday to Friday (37.5 hrs total per week).
Role involves assessment, treatment and management of patients with acquired speech, communication and swallowing difficulties within inpatient stroke rehabilitation setting. The role will also involve covering referrals.
You will be part of a goal led MDT of physiotherapists, occupational therapists, rehabilitation assistants, HCAs, doctors and nurses. You will be the sole SALT on site, though clinical support is provided by the surrounding MDT and SALT line manager as needed.
* Independently manage and differential diagnose a caseload of clients with communication needs.
* Devise and deliver appropriate specialist intervention/care plans/enhanced models of SLT for clients with complex communication needs and provide suitable and timely support.
* Undertake feeding/swallowing assessment and support according to the post holder's level of experience/training and as required of the role.
* Work as part of the integrated multi-disciplinary team ensuring the delivery of joined up care plans.
* Contribute to multidisciplinary support for clients with a range of speech, language and communication difficulties.
* Provide feedback, advice and training to family members, carers and members of the multidisciplinary team regarding communication needs and swallowing difficulties and strategies to facilitate development.
* Develop and deliver training and support packages.
If this sounds like the next job for you, please call Faye & Jamie on 0207 045 3345 or 0207 613 7574
Not available for this position Why not recommend a friend or colleague and earn a £250 referral bonus on successful placement (terms and qualifying period apply).
Additional benefits include:
-A dedicated one to one service
-Fast track registration process
-Excellent rates of pay
-Assistance with travel and accommodation
-Weekly pay - on time, every time
-Access to exclusive NHS and Private sector jobs
-No Registration Fee!
-Free online training available