Interim Chief Pharmacist - West Midlands
- Speciality: Pharmacist
- Grade: Pharmacist
- Location: West Midlands
- Start Date: Required ASAP
- Salary: £40 - £50 per hour + Top rates paid + benefits
- End Date: Ongoing
- Duration: Temporary
- Ref: J69439
Mediplacements are recruiting for an Interim Chief Pharmacist (Head of Pharmacy) to cover a Locum assignment for a large NHS client in the West Midlands area.
*Pay Rate £50/- Negotiable
*Full time hours
As the Head of Pharmacy you will be ensuring the services provided in the Department are of sufficient quality, and will fulfil the needs of patients with the resources available by providing leadership, quality of care, strategy, etc.
*You will be required to provide the managerial leadership to the department and provide line management to the senior posts within the department.
*Coordinate the delivery of high quality pharmacy services across the Trust.
*To ensure that organisational, local and national performance requirements are met.
*Be the lead in the department for all colleagues to provide transformational change.
*Ensure the budgets, business and workforce plans and operations of pharmacy are delivered.
*Be responsible for ensuring safe and secure handling of medicines
*Be responsible for pharmacy services within Trust
*Provide expert advice on the use of medicines and have corporate responsibility across the Trust for the safe and effective use of medicines
*Act as the accountable officer for controlled drugs
*Ensure the R&D work of the Trust is supported by an appropriate funded pharmacy service
*Ensure the Trust complies with all legal, professional, NHS and commissioning requirements
Ideally you will hold a Postgraduate qualification in clinical pharmacy along with 3 years post registration experience in a hospital covering Clinical wards. It is essential that you hold UK GPhC registration.
Working with Mediplacements you will receive unbeatable locum benefits, which include;
*A dedicated one to one service
*Fast track registration process
*Excellent rates of pay
*Assistance with travel and accommodation
*Weekly pay - on time, every time
*Access to exclusive NHS and Private sector jobs
*No Registration Fee!
For more information, or to apply for this locum position please contact either Divya or Richard on 0207 613 6789.
Not available for this position? Why not recommend a friend or colleague and earn a £250 referral bonus on successful placement (terms and qualifying period apply).
Prior to applying for this job please note that all applicants must be able to provide proof of the following criteria:
- Your right to work within the UK (e.g. copy of your UK or EU passport or relevant work permit or visa).
- If applicable, registration with the relevant UK governing body (e.g. the Health and Care Professions Council, General Pharmaceutical Council, General Medical Council etc).
- Relevant experience of the role you are applying for.
You will also be required to complete the following prior to any offer of work:
- A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (formerly CRB check), Mediplacements can assist you with this process (please note this is not applicable for Medical Lab Staff).
- Full occupational health clearance regarding immunisations etc. in the form of a valid 'fitness to practice certificate' as per current Crown Commercial Service (CCS) standards (e.g. an occupational health report stating dates of your last TB, Hep B immunisations etc.).
- Genuine specialist suppliers with a proven track record
We only recruit for the medical sector and during our 23 years trading history we have established long term relationships with most Hospital trusts and healthcare organisations.
- In-depth knowledge of the Pharmacy sector
We have real knowledge and understanding of every individual medical specialty we supply in to and endeavour to place every candidate into jobs which will best match their skills and experience.
- Crown Commercial Service (CSS) Approved
Mediplacements are delighted to confirm our inclusion on the latest NHS National Framework Agreements (NFA) for the provision of Allied Health Professionals, Health Science Services Staff and Hospital Doctors.
- Your own dedicated consultant that only covers the Pharmacy profession
Every medical sector we recruit for has there own team of consultants only supporting that medical specialty. Providing consistent, well informed help and advice at every stage of the recruitment process.
- Network of exclusive contracts (NHS & Private sector)
Mediplacements have many exclusive contracts with NHS trusts and private sector healthcare companies including NHS South Central, Guy's & St Thomas's NHS trust, Salisbury NHS Foundation trust and Spire Healthcare to name but a few!
- Excellent pay rates and candidate loyalty scheme
Mediplacements pays its locum workforce the best pay rates available. Rewarding skilled locums with the correct salary generates real candidate loyalty, which is supplemented by a range of additional benefits.